1. Matasovic, N., Kavazanjian, E., and Anderson, R.L. "Performance of solid waste landfills in earthquakes", Earthquake Spectra, 14(2), pp. 319-334 (1998).
2. Seo, B. "Compositional effects on the mechanical properties of municipal solid waste", A thesis for Ph.D. degree, Arizona State University (2008).
3. Yuan, P., Kavazanjian, E., Chen, W., and Seo, B. "Compositional effects on the dynamic properties of municipal solid waste", Waste Management, 31(12), pp. 2380-2390 (2011).
4. Karimpour-Fard, M., Shariatmadari, N., Keramati, M., and Kalarijani, H.J. "An experimental investigation on the mechanical behavior of MSW", International Journal of Civil Engineering, 12, Transaction B: Geotechnical Engineering, p. 12 (Dec. 2014).
5. Shariatmadari, N., Machado, S.L., Noorzad, A., Karimpour-Fard, M., Keramati, M., and Jafari Kalarijani, H. "Shearing rate effect on mechanical behavior of MSW materials", Fifth International Conference on Recent Advances in Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics, San Diego, CA, May (2010).
6. Kavazanjian, E. "Mechanical properties of municipal solid waste", Proceedings Sardinia (2001).
7. Dixon, N., Jones, D., and Whittle, R. "Mechanical properties of household waste: In situ assessment using pressure meters", Proceedings Sardinia (1999).
8. Pereira, A.G.H., Sopena, L., and Mateos, T.G. Compressibility of a municipal solid waste landfill", in Proc., 4th Int. Congress on Environmental Geotechnics, Balkema, Amsterdam, Netherlands (2002).
9. Dixon, N. and Jones, D.R.V. "Engineering properties of municipal solid waste", Geotextiles and Geomembranes, 23(3), pp. 205-233 (2005).
10. Langer, U. "Shear and compression behaviour of undegraded municipal solid waste", A thesis for Ph.D. degree, Loughborough University (2005).
11. Mokhtari, M., Heshmati, A.A., and Shariatmadari, N. "Compression ratio of municipal solid waste simulation using artificial neural network and adaptive neurofuzzy system", Earth Sciences Research Journal, 18(2), pp. 165-171 (2015).
12. Shariatmadari, N., Karimpour-Fard, M., Keramati, M., and Jafari-Kalarijani, H. "Mechanical response of MSW materials subjected to shearing in direct shear test apparatus", 4th International Conference on Geotechnical Engineering and Soil Mechanics, Tehran, Iran (2010).
13. Zekkos, D., Bray, J.D., Athanasopoulos, G.A., Riemer, M.F., Kavazanjian, E., Founta, X., and Grizi, A. "Compositional and loading rate effects on the shear strength of municipal solid waste", 4th International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering, Thessaloniki (2007).
14. Machado, S., Carvalho, M., Nascimento, J., and Dourado, K. "Aging effect on MSW mechanical behaviour", Proc. Fifth International Congress on Environmental Geotechnics, London, UK (2006).
15. Gabr, M., Hossain, M., and Barlaz, M. "Shear strength parameters of municipal solid waste with leachate recirculation", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 133, p. 478 (2007).
16. Shariatmadari, N., Karimpour-Fard, M., Keramati, M., Jafari-Kolarijani, H., and Naebi, A. "Fiber impact on the shear strength of MSW materials in direct shear tests", Proceedings Sardinia 2009, Thirteenth International Waste Management and Landfill Symposium (2011).
17. Zekkos, D., Matasovic, N., El-Sherbiny, R., Athanasopoulos-Zekkos, A., Towhata, I., and Maugeri, M. "Dynamic properties of municipal solid waste", in Geotechnical Characterization, Field Measurement, and Laboratory Testing of Municipal Solid Waste, International Symposium on Waste Mechanics, pp. 112-134 (2008).
18. Zekkos, D., Bray, J.D., and Riemer, M.F. "Shear modulus and material damping of municipal solid waste based on large-scale cyclic triaxial testing", Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 45(1), pp. 45-58 (2008).
19. Keramati, M., Shariatmadari, N., Sabbaghi, M., and Abedin, M.S. "Effect of confining stress and loading frequency on dynamic behavior of municipal solid waste in Kahrizak landfill", International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 15(6), pp. 1257-1264 (2018).
20. Castelli, F., Lentini, V., and Maugeri, M. "Static and dynamic waste characterization", Proc., 5th European Geosynthetics Congress, EUROGEO, pp. 105-110 (2012).
21. Sahadewa, A., Zekkos, D., Woods, R.D., and Stokoe, K.H. "Field testing method for evaluating the smallstrain shear modulus and shear modulus nonlinearity of solid waste", Geotechnical Testing Journal, 38(4), pp. 1-15 (2015).
22. Zekkos, D., Sahadewa, A., Woods, R.D., and Stokoe, K.H. "Development of model for shear-wave velocity of municipal solid waste", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 140(3), p. 04013030 (2013).
23. Konstantaki, L.A., Ghose, R., Draganov, D., Diaferia, G., and Heimovaara, T. "Characterization of a heterogeneous landfill using seismic and electrical resistivity data", Geophysics, 80(1), pp. EN13-EN25 (2014).
24. Abreu, A., Gandolfo, O., and Vilar, O.M. "Characterizing a Brazilian sanitary landfill using geophysical seismic techniques", Waste Management, 53, pp. 116- 127 (2016).
25. Houston, W.N., Houston, S.L., Liu, J.W., Elsayed, A., and Sanders, C.O. "In-situ testing methods for dynamic properties of MSW landfills", Geotechnical Special Publication, ASCE, 54, pp. 73-82 (1995).
26. Abbiss, C. "Deformation of landfill from measurements of shear wave velocity and damping", Geotechnique, 51(6), pp. 483-492 (2001).
27. Zalachoris, G. "Field measurements of linear and nonlinear shear moduli of solid municipal waste using a dynamically loaded surface footing", A Thesis for Ph.D. degree, University of Texas at Austin (2010).
28. Ramaiah, B., Ramana, G., Kavazanjian, Jr. E., Matasovic, N., and Bansal, B. "Empirical model for shear wave velocity of municipal solid waste in situ", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, p. 06015012 (2015).
29. Wright, S., Stokoe, K., and Roesset, J. "SASW measurements at geotechnical sites overlaid by water", in Dynamic Geotechnical Testing II, ASTM International (1994).
30. Zekkos, D., Bray, J., and Reimer, M. "Shear modulus reduction and material damping relations for municipal solid-waste", Proceedings of the 8th U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, April 18-22, San Francisco, California, USA (2006).
31. Hossain, M.S., Haque, M.A., and Hoyos, L.R. "Dynamic properties of municipal solid waste in bioreactor landfills with degradation", Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, 28(4), pp. 391-403 (2010).
32. Zekkos, D.P. "Evaluation of static and dynamic properties of municipal solid-waste", A Thesis for Ph.D. degree, University of California, Berkeley (2005).
33. Ramaiah, B., Ramana, G., and Bansal, B. "Field and large scale laboratory studies on dynamic properties of emplaced municipal solid waste from two dump sites at Delhi, India", Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 90, pp. 340-357 (2016).
34. Keramati, M., Shariatmadari, N., Karimpour-Fard, M., and Shahrbabak, M.N. "Dynamic behaviour of MSW materials under cyclic triaxial testing: A case of Kahrizak landfill, Tehran, Iran", Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Civil Engineering, 40(2), pp. 75-83 (2016).
35. Stokoe, I. "Field testing method for evaluating the small-strain shear modulus and shear modulus nonlinearity of solid waste", Geotechnical Testing Journal, 38(4), pp. 1-15 (2015).
36. Zekkos, D., Bray, J.D., Kavazanjian Jr, E., Matasovic, N., Rathje, E.M., Riemer, M.F., and Stokoe, K.H. "Unit weight of municipal solid waste", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 132(10), pp. 1250-1261 (2006).
37. Khaleghi, M. "In-situ CSWS test to determine the effect of aging on shear wave velocity of municipal solid waste (Case study: Kahrizak Landfill)", A Thesis for MSc Degree, Iran University of Science and Technology (in Persian) (2011).
38. Adil Haque, M. "Dynamic characteristics and stability analysis of municipal solid waste in bioreactor land- fills", A Thesis for Ph.D. Degree, The University of Texas at Arlington (2007).
39. D3999-91, A. "Standard test methods for the determination of the modulus and damping properties of soils using the cyclic triaxial apparatus", in Annual Book of ASTM Standards, p. 08 (1991).
40. D4767, A., Standard Test Method for Consolidated Undrained Triaxial Compression Test for Cohesive Soils, American Society of Testing Materials: American Society of Testing Materials (2011).
41. Shariatmadari, N., Machado, S.L., Noorzad, A., and Karimpour-Fard, M. "Municipal solid waste effective stress analysis", Waste Management, 29(12), pp. 2918- 2930 (2009).
42. Sharma, H.D., Dukes, M.T., and Olsen, D.M. "Field measurements of dynamic moduli and Poisson's ratios of refuse and underlying soils at a landfill site", in Geotechnics of Waste Fills Theory and Practice, ASTM International (1990).
43. Kavazanjian Jr, E. "Evaluation of MSW properties using field measurements", Proceedings 17th Geosynthetic Research Institute Conference, Hot Topics in Geosynthetics-IV (2003).
44. Yegian, M., Harb, J., and Kadakal, U. "Dynamic response analysis procedure for landfills with geosynthetic liners", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 124(10), pp. 1027-1033 (1998).
45. Karg, C. and Haegeman, W. "Advanced cyclic triaxial and bender element testing", Proceedings 12th International Congress on Sound and Vibration, 11-14 July, Lisbon, Portugal (2005).
46. Naveen, B., Sitharam, T., and Sivapullaiah, P. "Evaluating the dynamic characteristics of municipal solid waste for geotechnical purpose", Current Advances in Civil Engineering, 2(1), pp. 28-34 (2014).