1. Fine, P., Graber, E.R., and Yaron, B. "Soil interactions with petroleum hydrocarbons abiotic processes", Soil Technology, 10(1), pp. 133-153 (1997).
2. Pathak, P., Singh, D.N., Asce, F., Pandit, G.G., and Apte, P.R. "Establishing sensitivity of distribution coefficient on various attributes of a soil contaminated system", Journal of Hazardous Toxic and Radioactive Waste, ASCE, 18, pp. 64-75 (2014).
3. Hong, S., Zhengtao, H., Xingang, L., and Guozhong, W. "Influence of soil and hydrocarbon properties on the solvent extraction of high-concentration weathered petroleum from contaminated soils", Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 21(9), pp. 74-84 (2014).
4. Puri, V.K. "Geotechnical aspects of oil-contaminated sands", Soil and Sediment Contamination, Taylor & Francis, 9(4), pp. 359-374 (2000).
5. Rahman, Z.A., Hamzah, U., Taha, M.R., Ithnain, N.S., and Ahmad, N. "Influence of oil contamination on geotechnical properties of basaltic residual soil", American Journal of Applied Sciences, 7, pp. 954-961 (2010).
6. Gupta, M.K. and Srivastava, R.K. "Evaluation of engineering properties of oil- contaminated soils", Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India), 90, pp. 37-42 (2010).
7. Jia, Y.G., Wu, Q., Shang, H., Yang, Z.N., and Shan, H.X. "The influence of oil contamination on the geotechnical properties of coastal sediments in the Yellow River delta", Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment, 70(3), pp. 517-525 (2011).
8. Abousnina, R.M., Manalo, A., Shiau, J., and Lokuge, W. "Effect of light crude oil contamination on the physical and mechanical properties of fine sand", Soil & Sediment Contamination: An International Journal, 8(24), pp. 833-845 (2015).
9. Ojuri, O. and Epe, G. "Strength and leaching characteristics of crude oil contaminated sandy soils stabilized with sawdust ash-cement", Geo-Chicago 2016: Sustainable Waste Management and Remediation, Chicago-Illinoise, pp. 582-590 (2016).
10. Cook, E.E., Puri, V.K., and Shin, E.C. "Geotechnical characteristics of crude oil-contaminated sands", Proc. of the 2nd Int. Offshore Polar Eng. Conf., San Francisco, USA, pp. 384-387 (1992).
11. Khosravi, E., Ghasemzadeh, H., Sabour, M.R., and Yazdani, H. "Geotechnical properties of gas oilcontaminated kaolinite", Engineering Geology, Elsevier, 166, pp. 11-16 (2013).
12. Pinedo, J., Ibanez, R., Lijzen, J.P.A., and Irabien, A. "Assessment of soil pollution based on total petroleum hydrocarbons and individual oil substances", Journal of Environmental Management, 130, pp. 72-79 (2013).
13. Khan, S.A., Tan, S.J., Abdul Rahman, E.K., and Muneerah, Dk.N. "Effect of hydrocarbon contamination and subsequent remedial treatment on the engineering properties of soil", Proceeding of the 5th Brunei International Conference on Engineering and Technology (BICET 2014), Brunei (2015).
14. Al-Sanad, H.A., Eid, W.K., and Ismael, N.F. "Geotechnical properties of oil contaminated Kuwaiti sand", Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, ASCE, 121, pp. 407-412 (1995).
15. Al-Sanad, H.A. and Ismael, N.F. "Aging effect on oil contaminated Kuwaiti sand", Journal of Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 123, pp. 290-293 (1997).
16. Khamehchiyan, M., Charkhabi, A.H., and Tajik, M. "Effects of crude oil contamination on geotechnical properties of clayey and sandy soils", Engineering Geology, Elsevier, 89, pp. 220-229 (2007).
17. Nazir, A.K. "Effect of motor oil contamination on geotechnical properties of over consolidated clay", Alexandria Engineering Journal, 50, pp. 331-335 (2011).
18. Kermani, M. and Ebadi, T. "The effect of oil contamination on the Geotechnical properties of finegrained soils", Soil and Sediment Contamination: An International Journal, Taylor & Francis Group, 21, pp. 655-671 (2012).
19. Liu, Z.B., Liu, S.Y., and Cai, Y. "Engineering property test of kaolin clay contaminated by diesel oil", Journal of Central South University China, 22(12), pp. 4837- 4843 (2015).
20. Nasehi, S.A., Uromeihy, A., Nikudel, M.R., and Morsali, A. "Influence of gasoil contamination on geotechnical properties of fine and coarse-grained soils", Journal of Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, 34(1), pp. 333-345 (2016).
21. Gomez, F. and Sartaj, M. "Optimization of field scale bio-piles for bioremediation of petroleum hydrocarbon contaminated soil at low temperature conditions by response surface methodology (RSM)", Int. Biodeterior. Biodegrad, 89, pp. 103-109 (2014).
22. Kalali, A., Ebadi, T., Rabbani, A., and Sadri Moghaddam, S. "Response surface methodology approach to the optimization of oil hydrocarbon polluted soil remediation using enhanced soil washing", Int. J. Environ. Sci. Tech., Springer, 8(2), pp. 389-400 (2011).
23. Montgomery, D.C., Design and Analysis of Experiments, 4th. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, USA (1996).
24. Myers, R.H. and Montgomery, D.C., Response Surface Methodology: Process and Product Optimization Using Designed Experiments, 2nd. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, USA (2002).
25. Singh, S.K., Srivastava, R.K., and John, S. "Settlement characteristics of clayey soils contaminated with petroleum hydrocarbons", Soil Sediment Contamination, 17, pp. 290-300 (2008).
26. Mehrabi, N., Soleimani, M., Sharififard, H., and Madadi Yeganeh, M. "Optimization of phosphate removal from drinking water with activated carbon using response surface methodology (RSM)", Desalination and Water Treatment, Taylor & Francis, 57(33), pp. 15613-15618 (2015).
27. Albert, T.Y. "Diffuze double-layer equations in SI units", J. of Geotech. Eng., ASCE., 118(12), pp. 2000- 2005 (1992).
28. Di Matteo, L., Bigotti, F., and Ricco, R. "Compressibility of kaolinitie clay contaminated by ethanolgasoline blends", J. of Geotech. & Geoenvr. Eng., ASCE, 137, pp. 846-849 (2011).
29. Sridharan, A., El-Shafei, A., and Miura, N. "A study on the dominating mechanisms and parameters influencing the physical properties of Ariake clay", International Association of Lowland Technology Journal, 2, pp. 55-70 (2000).
30. Olgun, M. and Yildiz, M. "Effect of organic fluids on the geotechnical behavior of a highly plastic clayey soil", Applied Clay Science, Elsevier, 48, pp. 615-621 (2010).
31. Kaya, A. and Fang, H.Y. "Experimental evidence of reduction in attractive and repulsive forces between clay particles permeated with organic fluids", Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Technical Note, 42, pp. 632-640 (2005).
32. Meegoda, N.J. and Ratnaweera, P. "Compressibility of contaminated fine grained soils", Geotechnical Testing Journal, 17(1), pp. 101-112 (1994).
33. Ur-Rehman, H., Abduljauwad, S.N., and Akram, T. "Geotechnical behavior of oil-contaminated finegrained soils", Electronic. J. of Geotech. Eng., 12A, pp. 15-23 (2007).