1. Brown, S.P. "New estimates of the security costs of US oil consumption", Energy Policy, 113, pp. 171-192 (2018).
2. Nepal, P., Ince, P.J., Skog, K.E., et al. "Projection of US forest sector carbon sequestration under US and global timber market and wood energy consumption scenarios, 2010-2060", Biomass & Bioenergy, 45, pp. 251-264 (2012).
3. Rakopoulos, C.D., Antonopoulos, K.A., Rakopoulos, D.C., et al. "Comparative performance and emissions study of a direct injection diesel engine using blends of diesel fuel with vegetable oils or bio-diesels of various origins", Energy Conversion & Management, 47(18- 19), pp. 3272-3287 (2006).
4. Ramadhas, A.S., Muraleedharan, C., and Jayaraj, S. "Performance and emission evaluation of a diesel engine fueled with methyl esters of rubber seed oil", Renewable Energy, 30(12), pp. 1789-1800 (2005).
5. Sureshkumar, K., Velraj, R., and Ganesan, R. "Performance and exhaust emission characteristics of a CI engine fueled with Pongamia Pinnata Methyl Ester (PPME) and its blends with diesel", Renewable Energy, 33(10), pp. 2294-2302 (2008).
6. Jiaqiang, E., Pham, M., Zhao, D., et al. "Effect of different technologies on combustion and emissions of the diesel engine fueled with biodiesel: A review", Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 80, pp. 620- 647(2017).
7. Zhang, Z., Jiaqiang, E., Deng, Y., et al. "Effects of fatty acid methyl esters proportion on combustion and emission characteristics of a biodiesel fueled marine diesel engine", Energy Conversion & Management, 159, pp. 244-253 (2018).
8. Liu, T., Jiaqiang, E., Yang, W., et al. "Investigation on the applicability for reaction rates adjustment of the optimized biodiesel skeletal mechanism", Energy, 150, pp. 1031-1038 (2018).
9. Aalam, C., Syed, C., Saravanan, G., et al. "Experimental investigations on a CRDI system assisted diesel engine fuelled with aluminum oxide nanoparticles blended biodiesel", Alexandria Engineering Journal, 54(3), pp. 351-358 (2015).
10. Lanjekar, R.D. and Deshmukh, D. "A review of the effect of the composition of biodiesel on NOx emission, oxidative stability and cold flow properties", Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 54, pp. 1401-1411 (2016).
11. Ambat, I., Srivastava, V., and Sillanpaa, M. "Recent advancement in biodiesel production methodologies using various feedstock: A review", Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 90, pp. 356-369 (2018).
12. Ozsezen, A.N., Canakci, M., Turkcan, A., et al. "Performance and combustion characteristics of a DI diesel engine fueled with waste palm oil and canola oil methyl esters", Fuel, 88(4), pp. 629-636 (2009).
13. Palash, S.M., Kalam, M.A., Masjuki, H.H., et al. "Impacts of biodiesel combustion on NOx emissions and their reduction approaches", Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 23, pp. 473-490 (2013).
14. Varatharajan, K. and Cheralathan, M. "Effect of aromatic amine antioxidants on NOx emissions from a soybean biodiesel powered DI diesel engine", Fuel Processing Technology, 106, pp. 526-532 (2013).
15. Palash, S.M., Kalam, M.A., Masjuki, H.H., et al. "Impacts of NOx reducing antioxidant additive on performance and emissions of a multi-cylinder diesel engine fueled with Jatropha biodiesel blends", Energy Conversion & Management, 77, pp. 577-585 (2014).
16. Singh, G. and Sharma, S. "Performance, combustion and emission characteristics of compression ignition engine using nano-fuel: a review", International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology, 4(6), pp. 1034-1039 (2015).
17. Saxena, V., Kumar, N., and Saxena, V.K. "A comprehensive review on combustion and stability aspects of metal nanoparticles and its additive effect on diesel and biodiesel fuelled CI engine", Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 70, pp. 563-588 (2017).
18. Wu, Q., Xie, X., Wang, Y., et al. "Experimental investigations on diesel engine performance and emissions using biodiesel adding with carbon coated aluminum nanoparticles", Energy Procedia, 142, pp. 3603-3608 (2017).
19. Devarajan, Y., Nagappan, B., and Subbiah, G. "A comprehensive study on emission and performance characteristics of a diesel engine fueled with nanoparticle-blended biodiesel", Environmental Science & Pollution Research, 26(11), pp. 10662-10672 (2019).
20. Abdallah, A.M., Abdel-Rahman, A.A., and Elwardany, A.E. "Analysis of the impact of different nanoparticle metal oxides as fuel additives in compression ignition engine performance", Energy Reports, 6, pp. 99-105 (2020).
21. Gad, M.S. and Jayaraj. S. "A comparative study on the effect of nano-additives on the performance and emissions of a diesel engine run on Jatropha biodiesel", Fuel, 267, p. 117168 (2020).
22. El-Seesy, A.I., Attia, A.M., and El-Batsh, H.M. "The effect of Aluminum oxide nanoparticles addition with jojoba methyl ester-diesel fuel blend on a diesel engine performance, combustion and emission characteristics", Fuel, 224, pp. 147-166 (2018).
23. Attia, A.M., El-Seesy, A.I., El-Batsh, H.M., et al. "Effects of alumina nanoparticles additives into jojoba methyl ester-diesel mixture on diesel engine performance", ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, 46521, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (2014).
24. Razek, S.A., Gad, M.S., and Thabet, O.M. "Effect of aluminum oxide nano-particle in jatropha biodiesel on performance, emissions and combustion characteristics of DI diesel engine", International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology, 5(4), pp. 358-372 (2017).
25. Arockiasamy, P. and Anand, R.B. "Performance, combustion and emission characteristics of a DI diesel engine fuelled with nanoparticle blended jatropha biodiesel", Periodica Polytechnica Mechanical Engineering, 59(2), pp. 88-93 (2015).
26. Sadhik Basha, J. and Anand, R.B. "Effects of nanoparticle additive in the water-diesel emulsion fuel on the performance, emission and combustion characteristics of a diesel engine", International Journal of Vehicle Design, 59(2/3), pp. 164-181 (2012).
27. Abbass, M.K. and Sultan, B.F. "Effect of Al2O3 nanoparticles on corrosion behavior of aluminum alloy (Al-4.5 wt% Cu-1.5 wt% Mg) fabricated by powder metallurgy", Engineering Structures & Technologies, 11(1), pp. 25-31 (2019).
28. El-Seesy, A.I., Abdel-Rahman, A.K., Bady, M., et al. "Performance, combustion, and emission characteristics of a diesel engine fueled by biodiesel-diesel mixtures with multi-walled carbon nano tubes additives", Energy Conversion & Management, 135, pp. 373-393 (2017).
29. Sarvestani, N.S., Tabasizadeh, M., Abbaspour-Fard, M.H., et al. "Influence of doping Mg cation in Fe3O4 lattice on its oxygen storage capacity to use as a catalyst for reducing emissions of a compression ignition engine", Fuel, 272, p. 117728 (2020).
30. Fayad, M.A. and Dhahad, H.A. "Effects of adding aluminum oxide nanoparticles to butanol-diesel blends on performance, particulate matter, and emission characteristics of diesel engine", Fuel, 286, p. 119363 (2021).
31. Karthikeyan, S., Periyasamy, M., Prathima, A., et al. "Performance and exhaust emissions of a CI engine using Bi2O3 nano blends as an alternate Caulerpa racemosa algae oil biofuel", Materials Today: Proceedings, 33, pp. 3265-3270 (2020).
32. Ali, S.A., Hunagund, S., Hussain, S.S., et al. "The effect of nanoparticles dispersed in waste cooking oil (WCO) biodiesel on thermal performance characteristics of VCR engine", Materials Today: Proceedings, 43, pp. 888-891 (2021).
33. Khan, O., Khan, M.Z., Ahmad, N., et al. "Performance and emission analysis on palm oil derived biodiesel coupled with Aluminum oxide nanoparticles", Materials Today: Proceedings, 46, pp. 6781-6786 (2021).
34. Hawi, M., Elwardany, A., Ismail, M., et al. "Experimental investigation on performance of a compression ignition engine fueled with waste cooking oil biodieseldiesel blend enhanced with iron-doped cerium oxide nanoparticles", Energies, 12, pp. 1-18 (2019).
35. Yusof, S.N.A., Sidik, N.A.C., Asako, Y., et al. "A comprehensive review of the influences of nanoparticles as a fuel additive in an internal combustion engine (ICE)", Nanotechnology Reviews, 9(1), pp. 1326-1349 (2020).
36. Wei, J., Yin, Z., Wang, C., et al. "Impact of aluminum oxide nanoparticles as an additive in diesel-methanol blends on a modern DI diesel engine", Applied Thermal Engineering, 185, p. 116372 (2021).
37. Prabu, A. "Nanoparticles as additive in biodiesel on the working characteristics of a DI diesel engine", Ain shams Engineering Journal, 9(4), pp. 2343-2349 (2018).
38. Venu, H. and Madhavan, V. "Effect of Al2O3 nanoparticles in biodiesel-diesel-ethanol blends at various injection strategies: Performance, combustion and emission characteristics", Fuel, 186, pp. 176-189 (2016).
39. Subramani, K. and Karuppusamy, M. "Performance, combustion and emission characteristics of variable compression ratio engine using waste cooking oil biodiesel with added nanoparticles and diesel blends", Environmental Science & Pollution Research, 28(45), pp. 63706-63722 (2021).
40. Emiroglu, A.O., Keskin, A., and Sen, M. "Experimental investigation of the effects of turkey rendering fat biodiesel on combustion, performance and exhaust emissions of a diesel engine", Fuel, 216, pp. 266-273 (2018).
41. Hossain, A.K. and Hussain, A. "Impact of nanoadditives on the performance and combustion characteristics of neat jatropha biodiesel", Energies, 12(5), p. 921 (2019).
42. Tock, R.W., Hernandez, A., Sanders, J.K., et al. "Catalyst component for aviation and jet fuels", U.S. Patent No. 8,545,577, 1 Oct (2013).
43. Kannan, G.R., Karvembu, R., and Anand, R.J.A.E. "Effect of metal based additive on performance emission and combustion characteristics of diesel engine fuelled with biodiesel", Applied Energy, 88(11), pp. 3694-3703 (2011).
44. Ghanbari, M. "Technology and design of internal combustion engines", Technical & Vocational University Press, Tehran, Iran (2019).
45. Heidari-Maleni, A., Gundoshmian, T.M., Karimi, B., et al. "A novel fuel based on biocompatible nanoparticles and ethanol-biodiesel blends to improve diesel engines performance and reduce exhaust emissions", Fuel, 276, p. 118079 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2020.118079.
46. Heidari-Maleni, A., Gundoshmian, T. M., Jahanbakhshi, A., et al. "Performance improvement and exhaust emissions reduction in diesel engine through the use of graphene quantum dot (GQD) nanoparticles and ethanol-biodiesel blends", Fuel, 267, p. 117116 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j. fuel.2020.117116.
47. Solero, G. "Experimental analysis of the influence of inert nano-additives upon combustion of diesel sprays", Nano Science & Nanotechnology, 2(4), pp.129-133 (2012).
48. Fangsuwannarak, K. and Triratanasirichai, K. "Effect of metalloid compound and bio-solution additives on biodiesel engine performance and exhaust emissions", American Journal of Applied Sciences, 10(10), p. 1201 (2013).
49. Soudagar, M.E.M., Nik-Ghazali, N.N., Kalam, M.A., et al. "The effect of nano-additives in diesel-biodiesel fuel blends: A comprehensive review on stability, engine performance and emission characteristics", Energy Conversion & Management, 178, pp. 146-177 (2018).
50. Dhar, A. and Agarwal, A.K. "Performance, emissions and combustion characteristics of Karanja biodiesel in a transportation engine", Fuel, 119, pp. 70-80 (2014).
51. Basha, J.S. and Anand, R.B. "Performance, emission and combustion characteristics of a diesel engine using carbon nanotubes blended jatropha methyl ester emulsions", Alexandria Engineering Journal, 53(2), pp. 259-273 (2014).
52. Agbulut, U., Karagoz, M., Sar0131demir, S., and Ozturk, A. "Impact of various metal-oxide based nanoparticles and biodiesel blends on the combustion, performance, emission, vibration and noise characteristics of a CI engine", Fuel, 270, p. 117521 (2020).
53. Hoang, A.T. "Combustion behavior, performance and emission characteristics of diesel engine fuelled with biodiesel containing cerium oxide nanoparticles: A review", Fuel Processing Technology, 218, p. 106840 (2021).
54. Dobrzynska, E., Szewczynska, M., Posniak, M., et al. "Exhaust emissions from diesel engines fueled by different blends with the addition of nanomodifiers and hydrotreated vegetable oil HVO", Environmental Pollution, 259, p. 113772 (2020).
55. Gumus, S., Ozcan, H., Ozbey, M., et al. "Aluminum oxide and copper oxide nanodiesel fuel properties and usage in a compression ignition engine", Fuel, 163, pp. 80-87 (2016).