1. Jafari, S., Ghorbani-Shahna, F., Bahrami, A., et al. “Adsorptive removal of toluene and carbon tetrachloride from gas phase using Zeolitic Imidazolate Framework-8: Effects of synthesis method, particle size, and pretreatment of the adsorbent”, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 268, pp. 58–68 (2018).
2. Su, J., Bae, J., Park, S., et al. “Plasma-assisted oxidation of toluene over Fe/zeolite catalyst in DBD reactor using adsorption/desorption system”, Catalysis Communications, 113 (May), pp. 36–40 (2018).
3. Niu, J., Qian, H., Liu, J., et al. “Process and mechanism of toluene oxidation using Cu1-yMn2CeyOx/sepiolite prepared by the co-precipitation method”, Journal of hazardous materials, 357, pp. 332–340 (2018).
4. Cheng, Z., Chen, Z., Li, J., et al. “Mesoporous silica-pillared clays supported nanosized Co3O4-CeO2 for catalytic combustion of toluene”, Applied Surface Science, 459, pp. 32–39 (2018).
5. Shahzad, M., Razzak, S. A., Hossain, M. M., et al. “Catalytic oxidation of volatile organic compounds (VOCs)–A review”, Atmospheric Environment, 140, pp. 117–134 (2016).
6. Wang, H., Lu, Y., Han, Y., et al. “Enhanced catalytic toluene oxidation by interaction between copper oxide and manganese oxide in Cu-O-Mn/γ-Al2O3 catalysts”, Applied Surface Science, 420, pp. 260–266 (2017).
7. Feng, X., Guo, J., Wen, X., et al. “Enhancing performance of Co/CeO2 catalyst by Sr doping for catalytic combustion of toluene”, Applied Surface Science, 445, pp. 145–153 (2018).
8. Luo, Y., Zheng, Y., Zuo, J., et al. “Insights into the high performance of Mn-Co oxides derived from metal-organic frameworks for total toluene oxidation”, Journal of hazardous materials, 349 (January), pp. 119–127 (2018).
9. Abri, R. G. F., Ag, V., Fabri, J., et al. “Toluene”, Ullmann’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry, (2000).
10. Dizbay-onat, M., Floyd, E., Vaidya, U. K., et al. “Applicability of Industrial Sisal Fiber Waste Derived Activated Carbon for the Adsorption of Volatile Organic Compounds ( VOCs )”, 19 (4), pp. 805–811 (2018).
11. Kim, J. M. H., Lee, C. Y., Jerng, D. W., et al. “Toluene and acetaldehyde removal from air on to graphene-based adsorbents with microsized pores”, Journal of hazardous materials, 344, pp. 458–465 (2018).
12. Wang, X., Ma, C., Xiao, J., et al. “Benzene/toluene/water vapor adsorption and selectivity of novel C-PDA adsorbents with high uptakes of benzene and toluene”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 335, pp. 970–978 (2018).
13. Zhang, A. X., Yang, Y. Y., Song, L., et al. “Enhanced adsorption performance of gaseous toluene on defective UiO-66 metal organic framework: Equilibrium and kinetic studies”, Journal of hazardous materials, 365, pp. 597–605 (2019).
14. Yu, L., Wang, L., Xu, W., et al. “Adsorption of VOCs on reduced graphene oxide”, Journal of Environmental Sciences, 67, pp. 171–178 (2018).
15. Lalanne, F., Malhautier, L., Roux, J.-C., et al. “Absorption of a mixture of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in aqueous solutions of soluble cutting oil”, Bioresource technology, 99 (6), pp. 1699–1707 (2008).
16. Li, Y., Liu, F., Fan, Y., et al. “Silver palladium bimetallic core-shell structure catalyst supported on TiO2 for toluene oxidation”, Applied Surface Science, 462, pp. 207–212 (2018).
17. Wang, Q., Yeung, K. L., and Bañares, M. A. “Ceria and its related materials for VOC catalytic combustion: A review”, Catalysis Today, (2019).
18. Mamaghani, A. H., Haghighat, F., and Lee, C. S. “Gas phase adsorption of volatile organic compounds onto titanium dioxide photocatalysts”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 337, pp. 60–73 (2018).
19. Belaissaoui, B., Le Moullec, Y., Favre, E., et al. “Energy efficiency of a hybrid membrane/condensation process for VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) recovery from air: A generic approach”, Energy, 95, pp. 291–302 (2016).
20. Cheng, Y., He, H., Yang, C., et al. “Challenges and solutions for biofiltration of hydrophobic volatile organic compounds”, Biotechnology Advances, 34 (6), pp. 1091–1102 (2016).
21. Qiao, N., He, C., Zhang, X., et al. “Hollow mesoporous silica materials with well-ordered cubic Ia3d mesostructured shell for toluene adsorption”, Journal of Porous Materials, 26 (1), pp. 59–68 (2019).
22. Baur, G. B., Beswick, O., Spring, J., et al. “Activated carbon fibers for efficient VOC removal from diluted streams: the role of surface functionalities”, Adsorption, 21 (4), pp. 255–264 (2015).
23. Kraus, M., Trommler, U., Holzer, F., et al. “Competing adsorption of toluene and water on various zeolites”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 351, pp. 356–363 (2018).
24. Sui, H., An, P., Li, X., et al. “Removal and recovery of o-xylene by silica gel using vacuum swing adsorption”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 316, pp. 232–242 (2017).
25. Maleki, H. “Recent advances in aerogels for environmental remediation applications: A review”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 300, pp. 98–118 (2016).
26. Chen, D., Qu, Z., Sun, Y., et al. “Adsorption–desorption behavior of gaseous formaldehyde on different porous Al2O3 materials”, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 441, pp. 433–440 (2014).
27. Chu, F., Zheng, Y., Wen, B., et al. “Adsorption of toluene with water on zeolitic imidazolate framework-8/graphene oxide hybrid nanocomposites in a humid atmosphere”, RSC Advances, 8 (5), pp. 2426–2432 (2018).
28. Liu, C., Cai, W., and Liu, L. “Hydrothermal carbonization synthesis of Al-pillared montmorillonite@ carbon composites as high performing toluene adsorbents”, Applied Clay Science, 162 (June 2017), pp. 113–120 (2018).
29. Survey, U. G., Boden, T., and Tripp, B. T. “Gilsonite veins of the Uinta basin, Utah”, Utah Geological Survey, (2012).
30. Jahanian, H. R., Shafabakhsh, G. H., and Divandari, H. “Performance evaluation of Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) containing bitumen modified with Gilsonite”, Construction and Building Materials, 131, pp. 156–164 (2017).
31. Helms, J. R., Kong, X., Salmon, E., et al. “Structural characterization of gilsonite bitumen by advanced nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and ultrahigh resolution mass spectrometry revealing pyrrolic and aromatic rings substituted with aliphatic chains”, Organic geochemistry, 44, pp. 21–36 (2012).
32. Sutirman, Z. A., Sanagi, M. M., Karim, J. A., et al. “New crosslinked-chitosan graft poly (N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone) for the removal of Cu (II) ions from aqueous solutions”, International journal of biological macromolecules, 107, pp. 891–897 (2018).
33. Criado-García, L., Almofti, N., Arce, L., et al. “Photoionization-ion mobility spectrometer for non-targeted screening analysis or for targeted analysis coupling a Tenax TA column”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 235, pp. 370–377 (2016).
34. Deng, H., Pan, T., Zhang, Y., et al. “Adsorptive removal of toluene and dichloromethane from humid exhaust on MFI, BEA and FAU zeolites: An experimental and theoretical study”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 394 (March), p. 124986 (2020).
35. Ding, E. X., Hussain, A., Ahmad, S., et al. “High-performance transparent conducting films of long single-walled carbon nanotubes synthesized from toluene alone”, Nano Research, 13 (1), pp. 112–120 (2020).
36. Fang, P., Tang, Z. J. Z. X., Chen, X. B., et al. “Experimental Study on the Absorption of Toluene from Exhaust Gas by Paraffin/Surfactant/Water Emulsion”, Journal of Chemistry, 2016, (2016).
37. Farsouni Eydi, E., Shariati, A., and Khosravi-Nikou, M. R. “Separation of BTEX compounds (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and xylenes) from aqueous solutions using adsorption process”, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 40 (3), pp. 453–463 (2019).
38. Jiang, N., Zhao, Y., Shang, K., et al. “Degradation of toluene by pulse-modulated multistage DBD plasma: Key parameters optimization through response surface methodology (RSM) and degradation pathway analysis”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 393, pp. 122365 (2020).
39. Tafreshi, N., Sharifnia, S., and Moradi Dehaghi, S. “Box–Behnken experimental design for optimization of ammonia photocatalytic degradation by ZnO/Oak charcoal composite”, Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 106, pp. 203–210 (2017).
40. Vahid, A., Qandalee, M., and Baniyaghoob, S. “H2S removal using ZnO/SBA-3: New synthesis route and optimization of process parameters”, Scientia Iranica. Transaction C, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, 24 (6), pp. 3064–3073 (2017).
41. Yuan, Z., Xu, Z., Zhang, D., et al. “Box-Behnken design approach towards optimization of activated carbon synthesized by co-pyrolysis of waste polyester textiles and MgCl2”, Applied Surface Science, 427, pp. 340–348 (2018).
42. Mourabet, M., El Rhilassi, A., El Boujaady, H., et al. “Removal of fluoride from aqueous solution by adsorption on Apatitic tricalcium phosphate using Box–Behnken design and desirability function”, Applied Surface Science, 258 (10), pp. 4402–4410 (2012).
43. Hazrati, N., Abdouss, M., Vahid, A., et al. “Removal of H 2 S from crude oil via stripping followed by adsorption using ZnO/MCM-41 and optimization of parameters”, International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 11 (4), pp. 997–1006 (2014).
44. Nciri, N., Song, S., Kim, N., et al. “Chemical characterization of gilsonite bitumen”, Journal of Petroleum & Environmental Biotechnology, 5 (5), p. 1 (2014).
45. Javed, H., Luong, D. X., Lee, C.-G., et al. “Efficient removal of bisphenol-A by ultra-high surface area porous activated carbon derived from asphalt”, Carbon, 140, pp. 441–448 (2018).
46. Nakhaei, M., Naderi, K., Akbari, A., et al. “Moisture resistance study on PE-wax and EBS-wax modified warm mix asphalt using chemical and mechanical procedures”, Construction and Building Materials, 189, pp. 882–889 (2018).
47. Mirzaiyan, D., Ameri, M., Amini, A., et al. “Evaluation of the performance and temperature susceptibility of gilsonite-and SBS-modified asphalt binders”, Construction and Building Materials, 207, pp. 679–692 (2019).
48. Pakdaman, E., Osfouri, S., Azin, R., et al. “Synthesis and characterization of hydrophilic gilsonite fine particles for improving water-based drilling mud properties”, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 41 (11), pp. 1633–1642 (2020).
49. Zhou, L., Huang, W., Zhang, Y., et al. “Evaluation of the adhesion and healing properties of modified asphalt binders”, Construction and Building Materials, 251, pp. 119026 (2020).
50. Naik, J., Rajput, R., and Singh, M. K. “Development and Evaluation of Ibuprofen Loaded Hydrophilic Biocompatible Polymeric Nanoparticles for the Taste Masking and Solubility Enhancement”, BioNanoScience, pp. 1–11 (2020).
51. Akhtar, M., Saba, S., Arif, S., et al. “Efficient magnetoelectric dispersion in Ni and Co co-doped BiFeO3 multiferroics”, Physica B: Condensed Matter, pp. 412572 (2020).
52. Jalilov, A. S., Li, Y., Tian, J., et al. “Ultra‐high surface area activated porous asphalt for CO2 capture through competitive adsorption at high pressures”, Advanced Energy Materials, 7 (1), pp. 1600693 (2017).
53. Rajisha, K. R., Deepa, B., Pothan, L. A., et al. “Thermomechanical and spectroscopic characterization of natural fibre composites”, Interface Engineering of Natural Fibre Composites for Maximum Performance, pp. 241–274 (2011).
54. Araújo, C. S. T., Almeida, I. L. S., Rezende, H. C., et al. “Elucidation of mechanism involved in adsorption of Pb(II) onto lobeira fruit (Solanum lycocarpum) using Langmuir, Freundlich and Temkin isotherms”, Microchemical Journal, 137, pp. 348–354 (2018).
55. Ahmed, I., and Jhung, S. H. “Remarkable improvement in adsorptive denitrogenation of model fossil fuels with CuCl/activated carbon, prepared under ambient condition”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 279, pp. 327–334 (2015).
56. Ahmadi, M., Anvaripour, B., Khosravi-Nikou, M. R., et al. “Selective denitrogenation of model fuel through iron and chromium modified microporous materials (MSU-S)”, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 5 (1), pp. 849–860 (2017).
57. Senthil Kumar, P., Ramalingam, S., Senthamarai, C., et al. “Adsorption of dye from aqueous solution by cashew nut shell: Studies on equilibrium isotherm, kinetics and thermodynamics of interactions”, Desalination, 261 (1–2), pp. 52–60 (2010).
58. Farzin Nejad, N., Shams, E., Amini, M. K., et al. “Ordered mesoporous carbon CMK-5 as a potential sorbent for fuel desulfurization: Application to the removal of dibenzothiophene and comparison with CMK-3”, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 168, pp. 239–246 (2013).
59. Yu, F., Ma, J., Wang, J., et al. “Magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotubes for toluene, ethylbenzene and xylene removal from aqueous solution”, Chemosphere, 146, pp. 162–172 (2016).
60. Bina, B., Amin, M. M., Rashidi, A., et al. “Water and wastewater treatment from BTEX by carbon nanotubes and Nano-Fe”, Water resources, 41 (6), pp. 719–727 (2014).
61. Anjum, H., Johari, K., Gnanasundaram, N., et al. “A review on adsorptive removal of oil pollutants (BTEX) from wastewater using carbon nanotubes”, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 277, pp. 1005–1025 (2019).
62. Konggidinata, M. I., Chao, B., Lian, Q., et al. “Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies for adsorption of BTEX onto Ordered Mesoporous Carbon (OMC)”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 336, pp. 249–259 (2017).
63. Aivalioti, M., Pothoulaki, D., Papoulias, P., et al. “Removal of BTEX, MTBE and TAME from aqueous solutions by adsorption onto raw and thermally treated lignite”, Journal of hazardous materials, 207, pp. 136–146 (2012).
64. Jodeh, S., Ahmad, R., Suleiman, M., et al. “Kinetics, thermodynamics and adsorption of BTX removal from aqueous solution via date-palm pits carbonization using SPME/GC-MS”, Journal of Materials and Environmental Science, 6 (10), pp. 2853–2870 (2015).
65.Daifullah, A. A. M. M., and Girgis, B. S. “Impact of surface characteristics of activated carbon on adsorption of BTEX”, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 214 (1–3), pp. 181–193 (2003).
66.Carvalho, M. N., Da Motta, M., Benachour, M., et al. “Evaluation of BTEX and phenol removal from aqueous solution by multi-solute adsorption onto smectite organoclay”, Journal of hazardous materials, 239, pp. 95–101 (2012).