1. Cheng, W., Roessler, J., Blaisi, N.I., et al. "Effect of water treatment additives on lime softening residual trace chemical composition - Implications for disposal and reuse", Journal of Environmental Management, 145, pp. 240-248 (2014).
2. Comstock, S.E.H. and Boyer, T.H. "Combined magnetic ion exchange and cation exchange for removal of DOC and hardness", Chemical Engineering Journal, 241, pp. 366-375 (2014).
3. Esmaeilirad, N., Carlson, K., and Omur Ozbek, P. "Influence of softening sequencing on electrocoagulation treatment of produced water", Journal of Hazardous Materials, 283, pp. 721-729 (2015).
4. Hakizimana, J.N., Gourich, B., Chafi, M., et al. "Assessment of hardness, microorganism and organic matter removal from seawater by electrocoagulation as a pretreatment of desalination by reverse osmosis", Desalination, 393, pp. 90-101 (2016).
5. Li, X., Wang, C., Qian, Y., et al. "Simultaneous removal of chemical oxygen demand, turbidity and hardness from biologically treated citric acid wastewater by electrochemical oxidation for reuse", Separation and Purification Technology, 107, pp. 281-288 (2013).
6. Malakootian, M., Mansoorian, H.J., and Moosazadeh, M. "Performance evaluation of electrocoagulation process using iron-rod electrodes for removing hardness from drinking water", Desalination, 255, pp. 67-71 (2010).
7. Gharehchahi, E., Mahvi, A.H., Shahri, S.M.T., et al. "Possibility of application of kenaf fibers (Hibiscus cannabinus L.) in water hardness reduction", Desalination and Water Treatment, 52, pp. 6257-6262 (2014).
8. Kobya, M., Akyol, A., Demirbas, E., et al. "Removal of arsenic from drinking water by batch and continuous electrocoagulation processes using hybrid Al-Fe plate electrodes", Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy, 33, pp. 131-140 (2014).
9. Akyol, A., Can, O.T., Demirbas, E., et al. "A comparative study of electrocoagulation and electro-Fenton for treatment of wastewater from liquid organic fertilizer plant", Separation and Purification Technology, 112, pp. 11-19 (2013).
10. Chanworrawoot, K. and Hunsom, M. "Treatment of wastewater from pulp and paper mill industry by electrochemical methods in membrane reactor", Journal of Environmental Management, 113, pp. 399-406 (2012).
11. APHA /AWWA /WEF and, A.p.h.a.p., 2340, Standard Method for Examination of Water and Wastewater, 20 Ed., Washington DC (1999).
12. Tsioptsias, C., Petridis, D., Athanasakis, N., et al. "Post-treatment of molasses wastewater by electrocoagulation and process optimization through response surface analysis", Journal of Environmental Management, 164, pp. 104-113 (2015).
13. Linares-Hernandez, I., Barrera-Diaz, C., Bilyeu, B., et al. "Influence of the anodic material on electrocoagulation performance", Chemical Engineering Journal, 148, pp. 97-105 (2009).
14. Sengil, _I.A., Kulac, S., and Ozacar, M. "Treatment of tannery liming drum wastewater by electrocoagulation", Journal of Hazardous Materials, 167, pp. 940- 946 (2009).
15. Zodi, S., Louvet, J.-N., Michon, C., et al. Electrocoagulation as a tertiary treatment for paper mill wastewater: Removal of non-biodegradable organic pollution and arsenic", Separation and Purification Technology, 81, pp. 62-68 (2011).
16. Chou, W.-L. and Huang, Y.-H. "Electrochemical removal of indium ions from aqueous solution using iron electrodes", Journal of Hazardous Materials, 172, pp. 46-53 (2009).
17. Benhadji, A., Taleb Ahmed, M., and Maachi, R. "Electrocoagulation and effect of cathode materials on the removal of pollutants from tannery wastewater of Rouiba", Desalination, 277, pp. 128-134 (2011).
18. Katal, R. and Pahlavanzadeh, H. "Influence of different combinations of aluminum and iron electrode on electrocoagulation efficiency: Application to the treatment of paper mill wastewater", Desalination, 265, pp. 199- 205 (2011).
19. Yang, T., Qiao, B., Li, G.-C., et al. "Improving performance of dynamic membrane assisted by electrocoagulation for treatment of oily wastewater: Effect of electrolytic conditions", Desalination, 363, pp. 134- 143 (2015).
20. Vasudevan, S., Lakshmi, J., and Sozhan, G. "Studies on the Al-Zn-In-alloy as anode material for the removal of chromium from drinking water in electrocoagulation process", Desalination, 275, pp. 260-268 (2011).
21. Mouedhen, G., Feki, M., Wery, M.D.P., et al. "Behavior of aluminum electrodes in electrocoagulation process", Journal of Hazardous Materials, 150, pp. 124-135 (2008).
22. Jeon, S.-B., Kim, S., Park, S.-J., et al. "Self-powered electro-coagulation system driven by a wind energy harvesting triboelectric nanogenerator for decentralized water treatment", Nano Energy, 28, pp. 288-295 (2016).
23. Pertile, T.S. and Birriel, E.J. "Treatment of hydrocyanic galvanic effluent by electrocoagulation: Optimization of operating parameters using statistical techniques and a coupled polarity inverter", Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, 34, pp. 2631-2640 (2017).
24. Mansoorian, H.J., Mahvi, A.H., and Jafari, A.J. "Removal of lead and zinc from battery industry wastewater using electrocoagulation process: Influence of direct and alternating current by using iron and stainless steel rod electrodes", Separation and Purification Technology, 135, pp. 165-175 (2014).
25. Mansoorian, H.J., Rajabizadeh, A., Bazrafshan, E., et al. "Practical assessment of electrocoagulation process in removing nickel metal from aqueous solutions using iron rod electrodes", Desalination and Water Treatment, 44, pp. 29-35 (2012).
26. Lobo, F.L., Wang, H., Huggins, T., et al. "Lowenergy hydraulic fracturing wastewater treatment via AC powered electrocoagulation with biochar", Journal of Hazardous Materials, 309, pp. 180-184 (2016).
27. Manenti, D.R., Modenes, A.N., Soares, P.A., et al. "Assessment of a multistage system based on electrocoagulation, solar photo-Fenton and biological oxidation processes for real textile wastewater treatment", Chemical Engineering Journal, 252, pp. 120- 130 (2014).
28. Vasudevan, S., Lakshmi, J., and Sozhan, G. "Effects of alternating and direct current in electrocoagulation process on the removal of cadmium from water", Journal of Hazardous Materials, 192, pp. 26-34 (2011).
29. Matias, M.S., Melegari, S.P., Vicentini, D.S., et al. "Synthetic wastewaters treatment by electrocoagulation to remove silver nanoparticles produced by different routes", Journal of Environmental Management, 159, pp. 147-157 (2015).
30. Garcia-Garcia, A., Lopez-Lopez, A., Moreno-Baquero, J.M., et al. "Industrial wastewater treatment by electrocoagulation-electrooxidation processes powered by solar cells", Fuel, 149, pp. 46-54 (2015).
31. Mahvi, A.H., Mansoorian, H.J., and Rajabizadeh, A. "Performance evaluation of electrocoagulation process for removal of sulphate from aqueous environments using plate aluminum electrodes", World Applied Sciences Journal, 7, pp. 1526-1533 (2009).
32. Elabbas, S., Ouazzani, N., Mandi, L., et al. "Treatment of highly concentrated tannery wastewater using electrocoagulation: Influence of the quality of aluminium used for the electrode", Journal of Hazardous Materials, 319, pp. 69-77 (2016).
33. Kuokkanen, V., Kuokkanen, T., Ramo, J., et al. "Electrocoagulation treatment of peat bog drainage water containing humic substances", Water Research, 79, pp. 79-87 (2015).
34. Murthy, Z.V.P. and Parmar, S. "Removal of strontium by electrocoagulation using stainless steel and aluminum electrodes", Desalination, 282, pp. 63-67 (2011).
35. Hakizimana, J.N., Gourich, B., Chafi, M., et al. "Electrocoagulation process in water treatment: A review of electrocoagulation modeling approaches", Desalination, 404, pp. 1-21 (2017).
36. Deghles, A. and Kurt, U. "Treatment of tannery wastewater by a hybrid electrocoagulation/ electrodialysis process", Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification, 104, pp. 43-50 (2016).
37. _Irdemez, S., Demircioglu, N.,Yildiz, Y.S., et al. "The effects of current density and phosphate concentration on phosphate removal from wastewater by electrocoagulation using aluminum and iron plate electrodes", Separation and Purification Technology, 52, pp. 218- 223 (2006).
38. Zhao, S., Huang, G., Cheng, G., et al. "Hardness, COD and turbidity removals from produced water by electrocoagulation pretreatment prior to reverse osmosis membranes", Desalination, 344, pp. 454-462 (2014).
39. Ghosh, D., Solanki, H., and Purkait, M.K. "Removal of Fe(II) from tap water by electrocoagulation technique", Journal of Hazardous Materials, 155, pp. 135- 143 (2008).
40. Ren, M., Song, Y., Xiao, S., et al. "Treatment of berberine hydrochloride wastewater by using pulse electro-coagulation process with Fe electrode", Chemical Engineering Journal, 169, pp. 84-90 (2011).
41. Ozyonar, F. and Karagozoglu, B. "Treatment of pretreated coke wastewater by electrocoagulation and electrochemical peroxidation processes", Separation and Purification Technology, 150, pp. 268-277 (2015).
42. Naje, A.S., Chelliapan, S., Zakaria, Z., et al. Electrocoagulation using a rotated anode: A novel reactor design for textile wastewater treatment", Journal of Environmental Management, 176, pp. 34-44 (2016).
43. Golder, A.K., Samanta, A.N., and Ray, S. "Removal of phosphate from aqueous solutions using calcined metal hydroxides sludge waste generated from electrocoagulation", Separation and Purification Technology, 52, pp. 102-109 (2006).
44. Sirajuddin, K.L., Lutfullah, G., Bhanger, M.I., et al. "Electrolytic recovery of chromium salts from tannery wastewater", Journal of Hazardous Materials, 148, pp. 560-565 (2007).
45. Modirshahla, N., Behnajady, M.A., and Mohammadi-Aghdam, S. "Investigation of the effect of different electrodes and their connections on the removal efficiency of 4-nitrophenol from aqueous solution by electrocoagulation", Journal of Hazardous Materials, 154, pp. 778-786 (2008).
46. Bazrafshan, E., Ownagh, K.A., and Mahvi, A.H. "Application of electrocoagulation process using iron and aluminum electrodes for fluoride removal from aqueous environment", E-Journal of Chemistry, 9(4), pp. 2297-2308 (2012).