1. IBC ICC "International code council. International building code", International Code Council: Washington DC, United States (2012).
2. ASCE/SEI 7-05 "Minimum design loads for buildings and other structures", Reston (VA): American Society of Civil Engineers (2010).
3. Council, Building Seismic Safety "NEHRP recommended seismic provisions for new buildings and other structures (FEMA P-750)", Federal Emergency Management Agency, Washington, DC (2009).
4. Uniform Building Code In International Conference of Building Officials, Whittier, California, UBC (1997).
5. Anderson, J.C., Miranda, E., and Bertero, V.V., Evaluation of the Seismic Performance of a Thirty-Story RC Building, Berkeley: Earthquake Engineering Research Centre, University Of California, UCB/EERC- 91/16 (1991).
6. Gilmore, T.A. and Bertero V.V., Seismic Performance of a 30-story Building Located on Soft Soil and Designed According to UBC 1991, Berkeley: Earthquake Engineering Research Center, University of California, UCB/EERC-93/04 (1993).
7. Chopra, A.K., Dynamics of Structures-Theory and Applications to Earthquake Engineering, 4th Edition, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice Hall (2012).
8. Leelataviwat, S., Goel, S.C., and Stojadinovic, B. "Toward performance-based seismic design of structures", Earthq. Spectra, 15(3), pp. 435-461 (1999).
9. Mohammadi, K.R., El-Naggar M.H., and Moghaddam H. "Optimum strength distribution for seismic resistant shear buildings", Int. J. Solids Struct., 41(21-23), pp. 6597-6612 (2004).
10. Moghaddam, H. and Hajirasouliha, I. "Toward more rational criteria for determination of design earthquake forces", Int. J. Solids Struct., 43(9), pp. 2631-2645 (2006).
11. Hajirasouliha, I. and Moghaddam, H. "New lateral force distribution for seismic design of structures", J. Struct. Eng., ASCE, 135(8), pp. 906-15 (2009).
12. Hajirasouliha, I. and Pilakoutas, K. "General seismic load distribution for optimum performance-based design of shear-buildings", J. Earthq. Eng., 16(4), pp. 443-62 (2012).
13. Chopra, A.K., Dynamics of Structures: Theory and Applications to Earthquake Engineering, 2nd Ed., Prentice-Hall, London (2001).
14. Moghaddam, H., Earthquake Engineering, 1st Ed., RTRC, Tehran, Iran (in Persian) (1995).
15. Moghaddam, H. and Mohammadi, R.K. "More ef-ficient seismic loading for multi-degrees of freedom structures", J. Struct. Eng., 132(10), pp. 1673-1677 (2006).
16. Lee, S.S. and Goel, S.C. "Performance-based design of steel moment frames using target drift and yield mechanism", Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University Of Michigan, Report no. UMCEE 01-17 (2001).
17. Goel, S.C., Liao, W.C., Reza Bayat, M., and Chao, S.H. "Performance-based plastic design (PBPD) method for earthquake-resistant structures: An overview", Struct. Des. tall Spec. Build., 19(1-2), pp. 115-137 (2010).
18. Park, K. and Medina R.A. "Conceptual seismic design of regular frames based on the concept of uniform damage", J. of Struct. Eng., 133(7), pp. 945-955 (2007).
19. Chao, S.H., Goel, S.C., and Lee, S.S. "A seismic design lateral force distribution based on inelastic state of structures", Earthq. Spectra, 23(3), pp. 547-569 (2007).
20. Ghannad, M.A. and Jahankhah, H. "Site dependent strength reduction factors for soil-structure systems", Soil Dyn Earthq. Eng., 27(2), pp. 99-110 (2007).
21. Banihashemi, M.R., Mirzagoltabar, A.R., and Tavakoli, H.R. "Development of the performance based plastic design for steel moment resistant frame", Int. J. of Steel Struct., 15(1), pp. 51-62 (2015).
22. Aviles, J. and Perez-Rocha, J.L. "Use of global ductility for design of structure-foundation systems", Soil Dyn. Earthq. Eng., 31(7), pp. 1018-1026 (2011).
23. Ganjavi, B. and Hao, H. "Optimum lateral load pattern for seismic design of elastic shear-buildings incorporating soil-structure interaction effects", Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 42, pp. 913-933 (2013).
24. Bolourchi, S.A. "Optimum seismic design of shearbuildings with soil-structure interaction effects", MSc. thesis, Sharif University of Technology (2007).
25. Ganjavi, B. and Hao, H. "A parametric study on the evaluation of ductility demand distribution in multidegree- of freedom systems considering soil-structure interaction effects", Eng. Struct., 43, pp. 88-104 (2012).
26. Ganjavi, B., Hajirasouliha, I., and Bolourchi, A. "Optimum lateral load distribution for seismic design of nonlinear shear-buildings considering soil-structure interaction", Soil Dyn. Earthq. Eng., 88, pp. 356-368 (2016).
27. Newmark, N.M. and Hall, W.J., Earthquake Spectra and Design, Earthquake Eng. Res. Inst., El Cerrito, California (1982).
28. AISC. AISC-341-10 "Seismic design provisions for steel structures", American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), Chicago, IL (2010).
29. Wolf, J.P., Foundation Vibration Analysis Using Simple Physical Models, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice- Hall (1994).
30. Wolf, J.P. and Deeks, A.J., Foundation Vibration Analysis: A Strength-of-Materials Approach, Burlington, MA: Elsevier (2004).
31. FEMA 440. "Improvement of nonlinear static seismic analysis procedures", Report No. FEMA 440, Federal Emergency Management Agency, prepared by Applied Technology Council (2005).
32. Kramer, S.I., Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Prentice-Hall (1996).
33. Veletsos, A.S. "Dynamics of structure-foundation systems (a volume honoring N.M. Newmark)", In Structural and Geotechnical Mechanics, W.J. Hall, Ed., Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Prentice-Hall, pp. 333-361 (1977).
34. Stewart, J.P., Seed, R.B., and Fenves, G.L. "Seismic soil-structure interaction in buildings II: empirical findings", J. Geo. Tech. Geo. Environ. Eng., ASCE, 125(1), pp. 38-48 (1999).
35. Ghannad, M.A. and Jahankhah, H. "Site dependent strength reduction factors for soil- structure systems", Soil Dyn. Earthq. Eng., 27(2), pp. 99-110 (2007).
36. Ganjavi, B. and Hao, H. "Ductility reduction factor for multi-degree-of freedom systems with soil-structure interaction", 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering (2012).
37. Mazzoni, S., McKenna, F., Scott, M.H., and Fenves, G.L. "Opensees, OpenSees command language manual", Open System for Earthquake Engineering Simulation (2011).
38. Ruiz-Garca, J. and Gonzalez, E.J. "Implementation of displacement coefficient method for seismic assessment of buildings built on soft soil sites", Eng. Struct., 59, pp. 1-12 (2014).
39. FEMA-450 "NEHRP recommended provisions for new buildings and other structures", Federal Emergency Management Agency (2003).
40. Ganjavi, B., Hong Hao, and Hajirasouliha, I. "Influence of higher modes on strength and ductility demands of soil-structure systems", J. Earthq. Tsunami, 10(4), 1650006 (2016).
41. Chao, S.-H. and Goel, S.C. "Performance-based seismic design of EBF using target drift and yield mechanism as performance criteria", Report No. UMCEE 05-05, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (2005).
42. Chao, S.-H. and Goel, S.C. "Performance-based plastic design of seismic resistant special truss moment frames", Report No. UMCEE 06-03, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (2006a).