1. Naeim, F. (1989). The seismic design handbook. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York.
2. Anagnostopoulos, S.A. “Pounding of buildings in series during earthquakes”, Earthquake engineering & structural dynamics”, 16(3), 443-456, (1988).
3. Dimitrakopoulos, E., Makris, N. and Kappos, A.J. “Dimensional analysis of the earthquake-induced pounding between adjacent structures”, Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, 38(7), 867–886, (2009).
4. Polycarpou, P.C. and Komodromos, P. “Earthquake-induced poundings of a seismically isolated building with adjacent structures”, Engineering Structures, 32(7), 1937-1951, (2010).
5. Polycarpou, P.C. and Komodromos, P. “On poundings of a seismically isolated building with adjacent structures during strong earthquakes”, Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, 39(8), 933-940, (2010).
6. Cole, G.L., Dhakal, R.P., Carr, A.J. and Bull, D.K. “Building pounding state of the art: identifying structures vulnerable to pounding damage”, In: NZSEE 2010-New Zealand Society Earthquake Engineering Annual Conference, paper P11, Wellington, New Zealand, (2010).
7. Jankowski, R. “Non-linear FEM analysis of pounding-involved response of buildings under non-uniform earthquake excitation”, Engineering Structures, 37, 99–105, (2012).
8. Efraimiadou, S., Hatzigeorgiou, G.D. and Beskos, D.E. “Structural pounding between adjacent buildings: the effects of different structures configurations and multiple earthquakes”, In: Proceedings 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 24-28, Lisbon, Portugal, (2012).
9. Mahmoud, S., Abd-Elhamed, A. and Jankowski, R. “Earthquake-induced pounding between equal height multi-storey buildings considering soil-structure interaction”, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 11, 1021–1048, (2013).
10. Polycarpou, P.C., Komodromos, P. and Polycarpou, A.C. “A nonlinear impact model for simulating the use of rubber shock absorbers for mitigating the effects of structural pounding during earthquakes”, Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, 42, 81-100, (2013).
11. Mulliken, J.S. and Karabalis, D.L “Discrete model for dynamic through-the-soil coupling of 3-D foundations and structures”, Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, 27, 687-710, (1998).
12. Schmid, G. and Chouw, N. “Soil-structure interaction effects on structural pounding”, 10th Word Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Madrid, Spain, (1992).
13. Chouw, N. “Influence of soil-structure interaction on pounding response of adjacent buildings due to near-source earthquakes”, Journal of Applied Mechanics, 5, 543–553, (2002).
14. Chouw, N. and Hao, H. “Reduction of pounding responses of bridges girders with soil-structure interaction effects to spatial near-source ground motions”, 13th Word Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vancouver, Canada, (2004).
15. Chouw, N. and Hao, H. “Study of SSI and non-uniform ground motion effect on pounding between bridge girders”, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 25, 717-728, (2005).
16. Li, B., Chan, K., Chouw, N. and Butterworth, J.W. “Seismic response of two-span scale bridge model due to non-uniform ground excitation and varying subsoil conditions”, NZSEE Conference, Wellington City, New Zealand, (2010).
17. Li, B., Jamil, M., Chouw, N. and Butterworth, J.W. “Model bridge shake-table tests with soil-structure interaction, non-uniform ground motion and pounding”, NZSEE Conference, Wellington City, New Zealand, (2010).
18. Behrens, E.M. and Chouw, N. “Nonlinear SSI effect on adjacent bridge structures with pounding”, Proceedings 9th Pacific Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Auckland, New Zealand, (2011).
19. Bi, K., Hao, H. and Chouw, N. “Dynamic SSI effect on the required separation distances of bridge structures to avoid seismic pounding”, 8th International Conference Earthquake Resisting Engineering Structures, Chianciano Terme, Italy, (2011).
20. Naserkhaki, S., Abdul Aziz, F.N.A. and Pourmohammad, H. “Earthquake induced Pounding between adjacent buildings considering soil-structure interaction”, Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration, 11(3), 343-358, (2012).
21. Brach, R.M. Mechanical impact dynamics. John Wiley & Sons. Inc., New York, (1977).
22. Timoshenko, S. and Goodier, J.N. Theory of elasticity. 2nd ed, McGraw-Hill. Inc., New York, (1951).
23. Hunt, K.H. and Crossley, F.R.E. “Coefficient of restitution interpreted as damping in vibroimpact”, Journal of Applied Mechanics, 97, 440-445, (1975).
24. Wolf, J.P. Dynamic soil-structure interaction. Prentice-Hall Inc., New Jersey, (1985).
25. Madani, B. “Study of pounding between adjacent buildings considering rotational component of earthquake movement and soil-structure interaction”, M.Sc. Thesis, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran, (2015).
26. Madani, B., Behnamfar, F., Tajmir Riahi, H. “Dynamic response of structures subjected to pounding and structure-soil-structure interaction,” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 78, pp 46-60, (2015).
27. Kermani, M. “Structural pounding considering soil flexibility”, M.Sc. Thesis, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran, (2001).
28. Earthquake Resistant Design of Buildings Committee, Seismic resistant design of buildings-Code of Practice. Institute of Standards and Industrial Research, (2005).
29. ANSYS 5.6, The ANSYS elements reference. ANSYS, Inc., Pennsylvania, (2000).
30. Komodromos, P. “Simulation of the Earthquake-induced Pounding of Seismically Isolated Buildings”, Computers Structures, 86, 618-626, (2008).
31. Tande, S.N. and Pol, C.B. “Seismic response of pounding and impact susceptible buildings”, 14th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Ohrid, Macedonia, (2010).
32. Pant, D.R., Wijeyewickrema, A.C. and Ohmachi, T. “Seismic pounding between reinforced concrete buildings: a study using two recently proposed contact element models”, 14th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Ohrid, Macedonia, (2010).
33. Aydin, E., Ozturk, B., and Yesil., L. “Application of viscous dampers for prevention of pounding effect in adjacent buildings” 14th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Ohrid, Macedonia, (2010).