1. Randolph, M.F. "Science and empiricism in pile foundation design", Geotechnique, 53(10), pp. 847-875 (2003).
2. Zhang, W., Qin, B., Wang, B., and Ye, J. "Reduction of earth pressure and displacement of abutment with reinforcement filling", Geotechnical Eng. for Disaster Mitigation and Rehabilitation, 20, pp. 815-820 (2008).
3. Detert, O. and Alexiew, D. "Physical and numerical analyses of geogrid-reinforced soil system for bridge abutments", From Research to Design in Europe. Practice Conf. Bratislava, Slovak Republic (2010).
4. Hara , T., Yu , Y., and Ugai, K. "Behavior of piled bridge abutments on soft ground: A design method proposal based on 2D elasto-plastic-consolidation coupled FEM", Comput. and Geotech., 31, pp. 339-355 (2004).
5. Lee, K.Z.Z. and Wu, J.T.H. "A synthesis of case histories on GRS bridge-supporting structures with flexible facing", J. Int. Geotex. and Geomembr, 20, pp. 181-204 (2004).
6. Skinner, G.D. and Rowe, R.K. "Design and behavior of a geosynthetic reinforced retaining wall and bridge abutment on a yielding foundation", Geotex. and Geomembr., 23, pp. 234-260 (2005).
7. Ellis, E.A. and Springman, S.M. "Modelling of soilstructure interaction for piles bridge abutment in plane strain FEM analyses", Computs. and Geotech., 28, pp. 79-98 (2001).
8. Wang, H.T., Chen, Z.P., and Xiao, L.J. "Plane strain finite element analysis of a piled bridge abutment on soft ground", 1st Conf. Comput. Meth. in Eng. and Science, Tsinghua University Press and Springer, pp. 600-607 (2006).
9. Fahel, S., Palmeria, E.M., and Ortigao, J.A.R "Behaviour of geogrid reinforced abutments on soft soil in the BR 101-SC highway, Brazil", Conf. on Advances in Transport. and Geoenviron. Sys. Using Geosynthetics, ASCE, pp. 257-270 (2000).
10. Zheng, Y. and Fox, P. "Numerical investigation of geosynthetic-reinforced soil bridge abutments under static loading", J. of Geotec. and Geoen. Eng., 40, pp. 1-13 (2016).