1. Yusoff, N. I. M., Shaw, M. T., and Airey, G. D. “Modelling the linear viscoelastic rheological properties of bituminous binders”, Construction and Building Materials, 25, pp. 2171-2189 (2011).
2. Said, S. F. “Aging effect on mechanical characteristics of bituminous mixtures”, Transportation Research Record, 1901(1), pp. 1-9 (2005).
3. Lu, X. and Isacsson, U. “Effect of ageing on bitumen chemistry and rheology”, Construction and Building materials, 16 (1), pp. 15-22 (2002).
4. Petersen, J. C. “A review of the fundamentals of asphalt oxidation: chemical, physicochemical, physical property, and durability relationships”, Transportation Research Circular, no. E-C140, (2009).
5. Petersen, J. C., and Harnsberger, P. M. “Asphalt aging: dual oxidation mechanism and its interrelationships with asphalt composition and oxidative age hardening”, Transportation Research Record, 1638 (1), pp. 47-55 (1998).
6. Pyshyev, S., Gunka, V., Grytsenko, Y., and Bratychak, M. “Polymer modified bitumen”, Chemistry & Chemical Technology, 10 (4), pp. 631-636 (2016).
7. Al-Sabaeei, A., Yusoff, N. I. M., Napiah, M., and Sutanto, M. “A review of using natural rubber in the modification of bitumen and asphalt mixtures used for road construction”, Jurnal Teknologi, 81 (6), pp. 81-88 (2019).
8. Li, K.-Q., Li, D.-Q., Li, P.-T., and Liu, Y. “Meso-mechanical investigations on the overall elastic properties of multi-phase construction materials using finite element method”, Construction and Building Materials, 228, pp. 116727 (2019).
9. Li, K.-Q., Li, D.-Q., and Liu, Y. “Meso-scale investigations on the effective thermal conductivity of multi-phase materials using the finite element method”, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 151, pp. 119383 (2020).
10. Omar, H. A., Yusoff, N. I. M., Sajuri, Z., Ceylan, H., Jakarni, F. M., and Ismail, A. “Determining the effects of aging on halloysite nano-tube modified binders through the pull-off test method”, Construction and Building Materials, 126, pp. 245-252 (2016).
11. Souliman, M. I., Hajj, E. Y., and Sebaaly, P. E. “Impact of antistrip additives on the long-term aging rheological properties of asphalt binders”, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 27 (8), p. C4014006 (2015).
12. Omar, H. A., Yusoff, N. I. M., Ceylan, H., Sajuri, Z., Jakarni, F. M., and Ismail, A. “Investigation of the relationship between fluidity and adhesion strength of unmodified and modified bitumens using the pull-off test method”, Construction and Building Materials, 122, pp. 140-148 (2016).
13. Kavussi, A., and Barghabany, P., “Investigating fatigue behavior of nanoclay and nano hydrated lime modified bitumen using LAS test”, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 28 (3), p. 04015136 (2016).
14. Ahmed, I., Ahmad, N., Mehmood, I., Haq, I. U., Hassan, M., and Khan, M. U. A. “Applications of Nanotechnology in Transportation Engineering”, in Advanced Research on Nanotechnology for Civil Engineering Applications: IGI Global, pp. 180-207 (2016).
15. Iskender, E. “Evaluation of mechanical properties of nano-clay modified asphalt mixtures”, Measurement, 93, pp. 359-371 (2016).
16. Butt, H.-J., Cappella, B., and Kappl, M. “Force measurements with the atomic force microscope: Technique, interpretation and applications”, Surface science reports, 59, pp. 1-152 (2005).
17. Lyne, Å. L., Wallqvist, V., and Birgisson, B. “Adhesive surface characteristics of bitumen binders investigated by atomic force microscopy”, Fuel, 113, pp. 248-256 (2013).
18. Bellitto, V. “Atomic force microscopy: imaging, measuring and manipulating surfaces at the atomic scale”, Rijeka, Croatia (2012).
19. Omar, H. A., Yusoff, N. I. M., Ceylan, H., Rahman, I. A., Sajuri, Z., Jakarni, F. M., Ismail, A. “Determining the water damage resistance of nano-clay modified bitumens using the indirect tensile strength and surface free energy methods”, Construction and Building Materials, 167, pp. 391-402 (2018).
20. Hung, A. M., Goodwin, A., and Fini, E. H. “Effects of water exposure on bitumen surface microstructure”, Construction and Building Materials, 135, pp. 682-688 (2017).
21. Nazzal, M. D., Kaya, S., Gunay, T., and Ahmedzade, P. “Fundamental characterization of asphalt clay nanocomposites”, Journal of Nanomechanics and Micromechanics,3 (1), pp. 1-8 (2013).
22. García, A., Aguiar-Moya, J. P., Salazar-Delgado, J., Baldi-Sevilla, A., and Loría-Salazar, L. G. “Methodology for estimating the modulus of elasticity of bitumen under different aging conditions by AFM”, Road Materials and Pavement Design,20 (1), pp. S332-S346 (2019).
23. Xu, M., Yi, J., Feng, D., Huang, Y., and Wang, D. “Analysis of adhesive characteristics of asphalt based on atomic force microscopy and molecular dynamics simulation”, ACS applied materials & interfaces, 8 (19), pp. 12393-12403 (2016).
24. Dehouche, N., Kaci, M., and Mouillet, V. “The effects of mixing rate on morphology and physical properties of bitumen/organo-modified montmorillonite nanocomposites”, Construction and Building Materials,114, pp. 76-86 (2016).
25. Levis, S. and Deasy, P. “Characterisation of halloysite for use as a microtubular drug delivery system”, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 243, pp. 125-134 (2002).
26. Lau, K.-t., Gu, C., and Hui, D., “A critical review on nanotube and nanotube/nanoclay related polymer composite materials”, Composites Part B: Engineering, 37, (6), pp. 425-436 (2006).
27. Thakur, V. K. and Thakur, M. K. “Eco-friendly polymer nanocomposites: chemistry and applications”, Springer (2015).
28. Read, J., Whiteoak, D., and Hunter, R. N. “The shell bitumen handbook”, Thomas Telford (2003).
29. Yu, X., Burnham, N. A., Mallick, R. B., and Tao, M. “A systematic AFM-based method to measure adhesion differences between micron-sized domains in asphalt binders”, Fuel, 113, pp. 443-447 (2013).
30. Arifuzzaman, M. “Nano-scale evaluation of moisture damage in asphalt”, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico (2011).
31. Yu, X., Burnham, N. A., and Tao, M. “Surface microstructure of bitumen characterized by atomic force microscopy”, Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 218, pp. 17-33 (2015).
32. Fini, E. H., Hajikarimi, P., Rahi, M., and Moghadas Nejad, F. “Physiochemical, rheological, and oxidative aging characteristics of asphalt binder in the presence of mesoporous silica nanoparticles”, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 28 (2), p. 04015133 (2016).
33. Alhamali, D. I., Wu, J., Liu, Q., Hassan, N. A., Yusoff, N. I. M., and Ali, S. I. A. “Physical and rheological characteristics of polymer modified bitumen with nanosilica particles”, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 41 (4), pp. 1521-1530 (2016).
34. Zhang, H., Zhu, C., Yu, J., Shi, C., and Zhang, D. “Influence of surface modification on physical and ultraviolet aging resistance of bitumen containing inorganic nanoparticles”, Construction and Building Materials, 98, pp. 735-740 (2015).
35. Abdullah, M. E., Zamhari, K. A., Hainin, M. R., Oluwasola, E. A., Hassan, N. A., and Yusoff, N. I. M. “Engineering properties of asphalt binders containing nanoclay and chemical warm-mix asphalt additives”, Construction and Building Materials, 112, pp. 232-240 (2016).
36. Yusoff, N. I. M., Breem, A. A. S., Alattug, H. N., Hamim, A., and Ahmad, J. “The effects of moisture susceptibility and ageing conditions on nano-silica/polymer-modified asphalt mixtures”, Construction and Building Materials, 72, pp. 139-147 (2014).
37. Zhang, H., Wang, H., and Yu, J. “Effect of aging on morphology of organo‐montmorillonite modified bitumen by atomic force microscopy”, Journal of Microscopy, 242 (1), pp. 37-45 (2011).
38. Santos, S. dos, Partl, M. N., and Poulikakos, L. D. “From virgin to recycled bitumen: A microstructural view”, Composites Part B: Engineering, 80, pp. 177-185 (2015).
39. Khatiwada, D. and Lamichhane, S. K. “A Brief overview of AFM force distance spectroscopy”, Himalayan Physics,2, pp. 80-83 (2011).
40. Cohen, J., Cohen P., West, S. G., and Aiken, L. S. “Applied multiple regression/correlation analysis for the behavioral sciences”, Routledge (2013).